Dear Colleagues, I found this website tonight and I thought it might be useful to all of us who own small businesses.
Please pass this link along to your colleagues, friends and families.
An Overview of New 2013 Laws Affecting California Employers
New employment laws could affect your California business’ day-to-day operations and company policies in 2013. Download CalChamber’s white paper “An Overview of New 2013 Laws Affecting California Employers” for an overview of the changes in the law and how each of these California laws could affect your business.
New Laws for 2013:
- Religion and Reasonable Accommodation
- Sex Discrimination and Breastfeeding
- Social Media and Personal Passwords
- Inspection of Personnel Records
- Itemized Wage Statements/Temporary Service Employers
- Penalties for Wage Statement Violations
- Commission Agreements
- Fixed Salaries and Overtime
- Wage Garnishment
- Human Trafficking Posting
- Workers’ Compensation Reform
- Accessibility Reform
- FEHC Eliminated, Duties Transferred to the DFEH
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Unemployment Insurance: Overpayment and Penalties
- Prevailing Wage
- Farm Labor Contractors
- Warehouse Workers
CalChamber is the largest, broad-based business advocate, working at the state and federal levels to influence government actions affecting all California business. As a not-for-profit, we leverage our front-line knowledge of laws and regulations to provide affordable, easy-to-use compliance products and services.